12 May Using Best Value PIPS in Europe, Need for Compromise?
By Marianne van Leeuwen
Best Value Procurement Performance Information Procurement System (hereinafter: BVP-PiPS) is a methodology developed in the United States and is now being used by private and public contractors in the Netherlands. For public contractors in Europe, application of BVP-PIPS is not straightforward because of the constraints of the European legislation on procurement. This paper describes how BVP-PIPS can be used in a European legal context. First, some basic aspects of European procurement law are explained. Next, the original BVP-PIPS method is described in short. Subsequently the method is tested against the European legal constraints. Implications from European procurement law to all phases from the BVP-PIPS method will be described. The paper ends with conclusions on how BVP-PIPS can be used within the European legal framework.
This content is lockedBecome a Member to unlock this resource »
- Connect with Best Value peers and leadership
- Find upcoming conferences
- Learn about the Best Value Approach
- Read the latest news
- Access to Academic & Research papers
- Free online B/B+ training material for 3 months
- Exclusive access to videos and conferences
- A/A+ level coaching from certification board members