13 May The Research Model that Revolutionized the Dutch Construction Industry
By Kashiwagi, D., Kashiwagi, J., Kashiwagi, A., Sullivan, K.
The Dutch construction industry is making a change from an owner controlled to a contractor-controlled environment. It is a movement from a top down culture (management, direction and control) to a bottom up culture (alignment and use of expertise). Owner decision making, management, direction and control are being replaced with a leadership model, which aligns and utilizes the expertise of the contractors. The changes in the Dutch construction industry validate a non-traditional research model, which used deductive logic and case studies involving dominant information and visionary industry participants, non-traditional concepts of Information Measurement Theory (IMT), the Construction Industry Structure (CIS) model and the best value Performance Information Procurement System (PIPS).
This content is lockedBecome a Member to unlock this resource »
- Connect with Best Value peers and leadership
- Find upcoming conferences
- Learn about the Best Value Approach
- Read the latest news
- Access to Academic & Research papers
- Free online B/B+ training material for 3 months
- Exclusive access to videos and conferences
- A/A+ level coaching from certification board members