Established 30 years ago, the Rocky Mountain Governmental Purchasing Association (RMGPA) is a diverse, non-profit organization whose membership includes purchasing officers, agents, buyers, managers and others associated with public purchasing throughout Colorado and Wyoming. RMGPA has been a member Chapter of NIGP (National Association of Governmental Purchasing) since 1987.
Mission Statement: To provide our membership with the education, professional development, and technical assistance required to secure the public trust through the promotion of excellence and effectiveness in Public Procurement.
We strive to establish and maintain professionalism and recognition for the field of public purchasing by:
- Raising and maintaining the standards and ethics of governmental purchasing.
- Exchanging ideas and experiences with other purchasing professionals.
- Obtaining expert advice on local, state, national and international problems pertinent to public purchasing.
- Providing professional development opportunities that afford each member the opportunity to advance themselves in the public purchasing profession.
- Promoting fair and open competition by using applicable uniform codes, laws and procedures.
- Promoting and fostering professional competence and proficiency of all public purchasing professionals.
- Establishing academic and professional standards by which all members are awarded certificates and other distinctions.
- Achieving recognition of the purchasing profession in the administration of all public agencies.
- Providing the most value for the tax dollar.
We encourage individuals in the Rocky Mountain Region involved in public purchasing to join our efforts. Click here for details on becoming a member.
Dr. Dean will be presenting at one of the sessions with his latest research in Procurement.