TOPIC: FM IN THE AGE OF INFORMATION AND AUTOMATION
The world fast-changing. Information systems, automation and robotics are infiltrating every sector of the supply chain in our “information world”. There is a movement to increase the value of services by increasing their efficiency and effectiveness. The FM professionals must adapt to the new age of information and automation. Dr. Dean proposes the only way for the “FM Professional of the Future” to do this is by identifying and utilizing expertise to cut cost and dominantly increase performance. The new way is called the Best Value Approach. He proposes that experts think less and make minimal decisions, resulting in cost and schedule savings. They can see from beginning to end, and assist those stakeholders who cannot see upfront, to see into the future which results in the minimization of risk.
The “FM Professional of the Future” is a different paradigm from the traditional FM professional. They affect the entire supply chain by bringing efficiency, simplicity and transparency to an organization. The FM Professional of the Future must learn the new paradigm, vocabulary and actions to adapt to the future.
- Participants will learn how to reduce organizational costs by up to 30%, while increasing the value and quality of services received.
- Participants will learn how to use performance metrics to ensure buy-in at all levels of an organization.
- Participants will learn the new FM paradigm and how to increase their capability.
- Participants will learn how to increase their impact on their organization, by minimizing the amount of information that they need to know.
- Participants will learn how to take more of a leadership role in a company and become part of the C-suite.