The Arizona Capitol Chapter of NIGP was established and organized in October of 1977. An executive board governs the chapter and is elected by chapter members.
The chapter was established for the following purposes:
- To establish cooperative relationships among members
- Develop efficient purchasing methods in the in the field of governmental, educational and public institutional procurement
- To encourage maintenance of ethical standards in buying and selling
- To promote uniform public purchasing laws and simplified standards and specifications
- To collect and disseminate useful information for its members
- To promote the interchange of ideas and experiences within the purchasing profession
- To encourage research and investigation
- To promote ongoing training and certification of its members
- To sponsor activities that may be useful in providing its members with knowledge for efficient procurement.
AZNIGP is a chapter of NIGP, The Institute for Public Procurement, an international association dedicated to the ongoing professional development of its members.
Dr. Jacob will be presenting at two of the breakout sessions with his latest research in Procurement.