Dr. Dean was invited to do a webinar series for the ISM Atlanta Chapter which will be held:
- The Current State of the Industry – December 03, 2020 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM EST
- The Supply Chain Professionals of the Future Webinar – December 10, 2020 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM EST
- Working Alongside of Automation: Examples of Successful Projects – December 16, 2020 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM EST
The Current State of the Industry
The world is fast-changing. Artificial intelligence, automation, and robotics are infiltrating every sector of the supply chain in our “information world”. Over the next 30 years, the supply chain white collar jobs are more at risk to be automated. There is a movement to increase the value of supply chain services, by increasing their efficiency and effectiveness. Automation has been successful in the industry because it minimizes the amount of thinking and decision making required to complete tasks. Professionals can utilize the concepts from automation to become more efficient and effective in doing their work. Professionals can add more value to the organization with less stress and a smaller workload.
In this session, Dr. Kashiwagi will go over how Technology is rapidly changing our working environment. He will explain what is happening in the industry and how it affects supply chain managers (SCM). He will explain why automation has been so successful and how these concepts can be used in SCM’s current roles.
- Learn the latest on artificial intelligence and automation trends of the future.
- Learn how to improve productivity by 10X by apply automation concepts
- Learn how to minimize workload while improving value to your organization
The Supply Chain Professionals of the Future Webinar
The workers of the future who will not be automated! They will be supply chain professionals who can identify and utilize expertise. These are the “Supply Chain Professionals of the Future”. They must adapt to the new age of artificial intelligence, information systems and automation.
In this session, Dr. Dean proposes that identifying and utilizing expertise to cut cost and dominantly increase performance is the only way to secure their future positions. The way to do this is called the Best Value Approach. He proposes supply chain professionals need to increase their responsibilities and minimize their workload. The “Supply Chain Professionals of the Future” is a different paradigm from the traditional supply chain professional. They will use simplicity instead of technical complexity and utilize the language of metrics to simplify. They affect the entire supply chain by bringing efficiency, simplicity, and transparency. The “Supply Chain Professionals of the Future” must learn this new paradigm, vocabulary, and actions to be successful and sustainable in the future.
- Learn how to shift from a technical role to a leadership role in a company.
- Learn how to reduce organizational costs by up to 30%, while increasing the value and quality of services received.
- Learn how to use performance information to ensure buy-in at all levels of an organization.
Working Alongside of Automation: Examples of Successful Projects
Working with the latest technology can be easier said than done! It requires a change in the way we traditional operate but the results can be stunning! Organizations are looking for supply chain professionals that can execute projects faster and with a quality performance.
In this session, Dr. Dean goes into some recent case studies of professionals that were able to apply the concepts with significant cost and time reduction. He will go over how professional can learn from the mistakes of past projects in making their own projects a success!
- Learn how to executive project with a reduction in cost, time and effort.
- Learn from the mistakes of other professionals in making projects succeed
- Learn the changes necessary to work alongside technology