University of Alberta
The University of Alberta, located in Edmonton, is one of the largest public universities in Canada. The U of A serves approximately 37,000 students and employs over 13,000 faculty and staff.
In 2010, the University of Alberta partnered with the Performance Based Studies Research Group (PBSRG) at Arizona State University (ASU) to assist the U of A in documenting their performance and becoming more efficient internally and externally.
The University of Alberta is committed to testing the PIPS process to ensure the best use of funds within its procurement process. The first pilot project selected to run the best-value program is the procurement of campus custodial services, and the U of A plans to identify additional projects to test under the best-value program in the near future.
Best Value Process Overview for Vendors
|St. Joseph's College Women's Residence||Design-Build||4/23/2013||$28M||In Procurement|
|eProcurement Marketplace Consulting||Service||2/21/2013||$100K||In Procurement|
|Augustana Founders Hall Renewal Program||Design||9/14/2012||-||Awarded|
|Travel Management Services||Service||9/24/2012||-||Awarded|
|CM Services for Preferred Supplier Program||Construction||8/30/2012||$2.5M max each||Awarded|
|Building Envelope Upgrade||Design||8/30/2012||$7M||Awarded|
|Fire Alarm Upgrades to Phys. Ed.||Design||8/30/2012||-||Awarded|
|Dentistry Pharmacy Building Re-Development||Design||11/14/2011||$4M||Completed|
|ERC / Balmoral Facility||Design-Build||7/01/2011||$21M||Completed|
|Custodial Services||Service||1/12/2011||$6.2M / yr (est.)||Awarded|
- Best Value Business Model for IT Service Providers - November 2012
- Best Value Alberta Introduction - June 29, 2011
- U of A Leadership Team Presentation - November 2010
- Pre-Award Phase Educational Presentation - October 2010
- Pre-Proposal Meeting Educational Presentation - October 2010
- Best Value Business Model Overview Presentation - October 2010
- Sample Weekly Risk Report - University of Idaho - October 2010