Best Value Impact:
- 0 cost increases
- Cost impact: 5% credit returned
- Completed 3 weeks early (44% reduction)
- 10/10 Client PM satisfaction rating
Contractor: Vector Demolition
Owner: Dalhousie University
Location: Halifax, NS
Completion Date: December 2013
First Best Value Project Results in Cost & Schedule Savings
A soil remediation & disposal project at Dalhousie University finished ahead of schedule and under budget utilizing Arizona State University’s Value Based Project Delivery model.
The first phase of the Collaborative Health Education Building project consisted of the excavation, removal and disposal of approximately 2,800m3 of soil containing asphalt, concrete, rebar, and hazardous materials.
Although the selected contractor, Vector Demolition, was not the lowest bidder, they were identified as the greatest value proposition of project team expertise, risk management approach, and cost competitiveness.
Vector’s total project performance validated their selection, as their team brought forward solutions to complete the project ahead of schedule and provide a credit back to the University (5% of the contract value) for adjustments to final site preparation that optimized the next phase of construction.
| Click here for more about Dalhousie's Best Value Projects |
3-Day Immersion Training
March 11-13, 2014, Edmonton, Alberta
- Learn from the Canadian clients using the process to hire vendors
- How to increase your hit rate on all project types
- Gain effective interview skills
- How to measure performance
- Developing risk plans and value plans for your proposals
- How to manage your clients to increase your profit
- Hands on Workshops & One-on-One advising available
- Industries that should attend: Design, Engineering, Construction, IT, Facilities, & all services
| Click here for more information or to register for this training |
In the Works
- Health Education Bldg.
- Learning Commons Classroom Building Design-Build
- Energy Generation Project
$90M budget (approx.)
| Learn More |
Simon Fraser University.
The University is utilizing Best Value for the construction of a new student union building at their Burnaby campus. The project is currently planned to be 3-5 stories with a Construction Budget of $35M.
| Learn More |
Potential Upcoming Canadian Projects
- Waste Mgmt. Services
- Transportation Services
- IT Monitoring
- IT Wireless Access
- Athletic Building
- Classroom/Lab Building
- Learning Commons Bldg.
- Tri-Generation Power Plant
| View Full Project List |
The Performance Based Studies Research Group (PBSRG) is a group of researchers and educators at Arizona State University. We’ve developed a Best Value Business Model for procurement, project management, and internal organizational efficiency. The model is used by public and private organizations and is continually refined based on the results and feedback we receive. Learn more at pbsrg.asu.edu
See Past Issues, Or Sign-Up for News Outside of Canada